Books to Read While the Algae Grow in Your Fur, December 2016
Attention conservation notice: I have no taste.
- Laila Lalami, The Moor's Account
- Historical fiction, in which
expedition across what's now the American South and Southwest in the early
1500s is told from the view-point of the Moorish
It works well as both a historical tale and a lovely piece of writing.
- Palani Mohan, Hunting with Eagles: In the Realm of the Mongolian Kazakhs
- Beautiful black-and-white photographs of, as it says, Mongolian Kazakhs hunting with eagles, and their landscape. Many of them are just stunningly composed.
- M. J. Carter, The Strangler Vine
- Mind-candy historical mystery, set among the sahibs of pre-Mutiny British India.
- N. K. Jemisin, The Obelisk Gate
- Sequel to The Fifth Season, continuing the story at the same high level of quality.
Books to Read While Algae Grow in Your Fur;
Tales of Our Ancestors;
Afghanistan and Central Asia;
Pleasures of Detection, Portraits of Crime
Posted at December 31, 2016 23:59 | permanent link